The Rise of Digital Technologies in Healthcare: Join the Conversation
How much can social media or mobile health apps contribute towards a paradigm shift in healthcare delivery?
NBI Events Lead, Fatima Chunara, has recently highlighted the delayed, but recently increasing impact of the digital revolution on the NHS and healthcare access in general. Read her contribution to the Brain Bank North West HERE.
To delve further into what the future of digital health will look like, NBI is hosting a panel discussion with a fantastic line-up of speakers who are making waves in the health and medtech arena. this event will cover a range of perspectives on the topic including patients, researchers, local businesses and regulatory agencies.
1. Mariam Bibi, Senior Director of Real World Evidence at Consulting for McCann Health, External advisor for Quality and Productivity at NICE and Associate Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University.
2. Tom Higham is an experienced business leader and producer; former executive director at FutureEverything (an award-winning innovation lab for digital culture). He will be talking about the use of Type 1 diabetes management apps from a patient perspective.
3. Professor Shon Lewis, professor of Adult Psychiatry at the University of Manchester. He will outline how the team at ClinTouch have created an app to aid management of patients with psychosis.
4. Professor Tjeerd Van Staa , professor of eHealth Research at The University of Manchester. He is currently leading the CityVerve case on Internet of Things technology to help people manage their Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
5. Anna Beukenhorst , PhD student, currently conducting data analysis for the project - 'Cloudy With A Chance of Pain'. The aim of this project is to convert the daily symptom and hourly local weather data of 13,000 participants into meaningful information.
6. Reina Yaidoo, founder and director at Yaidoo, runs a social enterprise called Bassajamba, which promotes access to science and technology.
Join us TOMORROW 27th April 2017 at 3:30 PM in the Moseley Theatre, Schuster Building, University of Manchester! This event is completely free to attend and is open to anyone with an interest in digital health, including students, professionals and the general public.
Refreshments will be provided, so bring a friend! Register right now by clicking HERE.
#technology #biotechnology #digital #mobileapps #apps #medtech #healthtech #medicine #manchester #ClinTouch #McCannHealth #NICE #ManchesterMetropolitanUniversity #eHealth #CityVerve #IoT #internetofthings #COPD #CloudyWithAChanceofPain #Yaidoo #Bassajamba